EMS-220 Landing Gear Position Question

BobMF8

I am working on installing SV in a '51 C35. Just finishing up the old wiring before assembling the new panel on the bench. I want to finish up as much as possible the wiring for the EMS-220 before putting in the new panel. Popping in the tach resistors makes sense but getting a landing gear up and down positions run off of the old red/green up/down lights in the marque post housing. There is no pot for voltages as there is no sender and no in-transition light. I am looking for a simple way to have at least a full up/down on the screen and figure someone here has run into this before. Put a resistor in a line from the down contact of the green light of the switch when it sees voltage? No volts would mean an up and any voltage would mean a down that's configurable in the parameter settings? As normal, I figured a lot of rewiring on this old panel but I don't want to modify ANOTHER system just to get an up/down on the screen.
Thanks.
Bob

JohnAJohnson

I love flying!
I am working on installing SV in a '51 C35. Just finishing up the old wiring before assembling the new panel on the bench. I want to finish up as much as possible the wiring for the EMS-220 before putting in the new panel. Popping in the tach resistors makes sense but getting a landing gear up and down positions run off of the old red/green up/down lights in the marque post housing. There is no pot for voltages as there is no sender and no in-transition light. I am looking for a simple way to have at least a full up/down on the screen and figure someone here has run into this before. Put a resistor in a line from the down contact of the green light of the switch when it sees voltage? No volts would mean an up and any voltage would mean a down that's configurable in the parameter settings? As normal, I figured a lot of rewiring on this old panel but I don't want to modify ANOTHER system just to get an up/down on the screen.
Thanks.
Bob
Bob, I am coming right off my Green "down and locked" light with a wire that goes directly into the EMS. If it is not high, the gear must be up. The indicator light in the HDX is either amber or green. Go to tinyurl.com/177rg, then "Avionics", and under the features list (but before the pictures) is a link to a pdf that contains schematics and descriptions of what I did. Might give you some ideas.

BobMF8

Thanks for the lead. I figured that I can go off of the down light to the EMS and configure to whatever the light line comes out to to trigger an gear down tag. I guess that I could chase down the switch logic and go another way but right now I am under a time issue and reworking the gear wiring and switches is out of the question. Looking at the config setting I am thinking about what the system can do as I have never landed gear up and will use anything in the system to keep it that way!
Thanks!

CanardMulti

Looking at the config setting I am thinking about what the system can do as I have never landed gear up and will use anything in the system to keep it that way!
Thanks!
If you are a belt and suspenders type, you might want to look at the speed configurable SV audio gear warning. Once enabled, you can pick a speed at which it will give a repetitive very authoritative "CHECK GEAR" thru the audio warning circuit if there is no gear down signal.

Ken