EMS .dfg File Modificaion Guide/Manual

carterd

I love flying!
Is there a Manual or Guide for making changes to the >dfg file? If not would you start one. I had to send my SV's to the factory for repair because i made an error in the .dfg file. I have a bunch of tips on modifying the .dfg to avoid problems. Years ago I programmed in C.

carterd

I love flying!
When a .dfg file is loaded it boots and if there is a serious error it can go into an auto reboot cycle that will not end. After a power down and repower it will go into the same cycle and you will see sequential blue screens with snow on them. This happened to me when I inadvertently had an extra brace { }. If this happens call Dynon and get your RMA. If it is a none-cycling solid blue screen they may be able to help you online.
Tips To Help When Changing A .dfg File:
The following tip is time consuming but unless you live near Redmond, WA it can save you from shipping your SV to Dynon.
With the original .dfg file loaded set up your SV screen to show the 15% EMS page on the screen. Make your modifications to the .dfg file but do not change anything below the Layout_50={. Be careful when you make changes not to change a brace { }. Load your modified file and go to the EMS 100% Layout. When this is selected if there is an error the screen will reboot and bring up the SV with the EMS 15% showing. If you get a reboot when selecting the EMS 100% Layout correct the errors in the .dfg file and reload. Once the EMS 100% Layout appears you can make changes to the screen. After it appears the way you want it you can donload the configuration file and add the widget setting you chose to the EMS 100% Layout .dfg section. Reload the .dfg file and go to the EMS 100% Layout to make sure there are no errors. If you get into a continuous reboot you have made a serious error and will need an RMA.
With the EMS 100% Layout working the way you want, make changes you want to the EMS 50% Layout as above. Then do the 20% layout. Now change the screen view to show the 100% layout on the SV and make any changes as above the 15% layout.
This is time consuming but a lot safer and you .dfg file will be they way you want it.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
We'll test this, but I've screwed up .DFG files with too many braces, too few, and all sorts of other things and never had an issue. That's a bug if it messes up the system, and it is specifically written to be robust against that.

Also, are you aware you can load a single line from the file into the system and change one thing at a time? You don't have to import everything every time.

What software version were you running? Happen to have the DFG that caused the issue?