EMS fail

hornet2008

I'm new to Skyview, have touch 1000 and just did the update 15.0.2. I used Method 2 (Australia). Not flying yet but have an EMS fail and the dreaded red X. I did the right click and loaded the Dynon USB with Skyview touch and then engine sensor definitions with "save as". Couldn't see how to load the EMS definitions of the "load files" page on the actual display. Early finger troubles?

preid

Make sure the firmware updated everything. Seems the EMS did not get upgraded hence the Red X.

hornet2008

I'll try reloading the update. I think I read it right when all I need to up date is 15.0.2, not the EMS file of 8/4/2015. The EMS was working great, I didn't up date the ems, only the 15.0.2.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
What reidvaitor said: What do you see under SYSTEM SETUP > SKYVIEW NETWORK SETUP > NETWORK STATUS for the EMS module?

mmarien

Murray M.
I also have a problem with the EMS in ver 15.0

EMS1.png

EMS2.png

hornet2008

Tried re-loading 15.0.2, display says all is alright. EMS is highlighted in yellow and I assume that indicates a problem will try updating EMS file 4/8/2015

mmarien

Murray M.
I could try that. But the problem is that the EMS software is newer than the latest software 15.0.2.4178. I watched the update and the EMS was updated. So it can't be that it wasn't updated while the rest of the components were. I also watched while the system verified the file before it updated the system. I know. Like watching paint dry. ::)

I think it has to be a problem with the file I downloaded. I'll download it again but I can't be the only one with the problem file.

preid

Tried re-loading 15.0.2, display says all is alright. EMS is highlighted in yellow and I assume that indicates a problem will try updating EMS file 4/8/2015

You misunderstood what I meant. Do not need to reload the EMS file. What I meant was did the firmware also update the EMS and autopilot etc- basically what mmarien was showing. It appears you did what I was suggesting

In short it appears you and mmarien have the same issue. no need to do any other files.

hornet2008

Thanks reivaitor. I did go to Network Status EMS and it was showing SV Network Connection fault Data 1 pair(pins 1&6). I powered down and removed the network cable as I built it. Checked it for continuity all OK. I then swapped it to the top 9 pin port on the SV display and the other cable. Volia, it loaded the software and I now have a EMS, showing the hangar temperatures and so on. All looks good but it is a computer. Thanks for all who helped.

mmarien

Murray M.
I'm still SOOL. I downloaded a new file which appeared to be the same size as the first file. It won't load. Obviously because it's the same upgrade as what I already have.

screenshot.png

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
I'm still SOOL. I downloaded a new file which appeared to be the same size as the first file. It won't load. Obviously because it's the same upgrade as what I already have.

Which file / method from our site did you use to update your system?

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
We're not exactly sure what's going on. That "version" that your EMS is on isn't real, and doesn't actual exist. As you guessed, because the system thinks it's on a newer version of software, it can't/won't update it. However, there's a way to force the modules to "reload" their software from the images contained within SkyView's software - as it would during an update. To perform that, go to NETWORK SETUP > FORCE NETWORK LOAD... Your modules should all "reupdate", even if they have a "newer" version. Let's see if that fixes it.

mmarien

Murray M.
I tried the FORCE NETWORK LOAD. All of the modules were reloaded but the EMS is still ver 15.0.2.4690. Things seem to be working although I haven't flown since the update. Going tomorrow.

Unless there are problems, I can wait for the next minor update.

mmarien

Murray M.
So I updated to 15.0.3 but still no joy. I flew a cross country to Kansas and back and have some interesting observations. Not sure but I think something in my SV is broke.

The system has a problem loading the network devices on boot.  It would eventually load but with the software mismatch.

status.jpg

Later it would just boot with the ADAHRS and EMS crossed out. The first time was KVTN on the way back. It was a couple degrees below zero Celsius in the morning. I though I was screwed. I did a network configure. There were no devices. I used the DETECT button and it found everything but with a software mismatch on one of the devices. After that on boot I had to do a DETECT every time. The software mismatch was a random device but a consistent version . I seen the ADAHRS, the SERVOS and the EMS with software mismatches. Only one device is mismatched each detect.

SV32.png

ADAHRS.png

I landed CYKY last night to wait out the weather. CYXE was METAR CYXE 041000Z 20005KT 1/8SM R09/2800FT/N FZFG VV001 M06/M07. No kidding. During the night I started the plane a couple of time to keep it warm. It was -8C overnight in CYKY. SV booted with no problems. The screen was a little frosty but had no software mismatches. Go figure. This morning I flew home without the software mismatch warnings since the 15.0.2 update.

Later in a warm hanger (+5C) I had the network loading error again. I don't think this is a wiring error. The ADAHRS and EMS are on separate plugs on the back of SV. I'm thinking hardware problems affected by the temperature. Looking for advise.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Yeah, there's something more complex going on here. Probably time to get in touch with our support team directly via support at dynonavionics dot com or 425-402-0433 so we can work through it with you.