EMS RS232 data output.

Simn_Smith

I was thinking of getting one of the small stand alone rs232 dataloggers to capture the EMS and/or EFIS data on my D180. I've read the info in the manuals but I can't seem to find any info on the amount of data that is output. If I have a logger with 256mb capacity, how many hours of data can I expect to capture?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
The data that is output is listed at the end of the user's guide. On the EFIS, it's about 50 bytes, 64 times a second on an EFIS

That's 3.2KB/sec, or about 12MB per hour. It's about double the data on an EMS, or about 25 MB/hr.

mchamberlain

What type of datalogger would one need to buy to do this? I searched the web and there are lots of different loggers for all sorts of things but I'm not sure exactly what I would need to purchase.

Thanks,

Mark

13brv3

I'm using the Anticyclone, antilog RS232 to record EMS and EFIS outputs from the D180.

http://www.anticyclone.myzen.co.uk/product_antilog.html

It works well, and has some nice features, such as being able to tell it that you don't need 64 samples per second. You're on your own for software to present the data, but if you know anything about excel, it's not too hard to get something you can use in a pinch.

This unit comes in the retail box, or if you're a gutton for punishment, you can build the OEM version into the panel.

Have I mentioned that Dynon should... yes, I think I have ;)

Rusty (leader of the datalogging campaign)