EMS Trim Servo Connection

bt3vex

I am working on installing the potentiometers for the trim servos and the flaps position sensor (Ray Allen) I am using VPX, and slightly confused. Stein built my panel and included 3 wires for the flaps position sensor from VPX, according to the manual i am supposed to used Black Ground Wire = white blue wire - Wire 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 20, 21, 22, 23, 31 = White Green (Signal Wire), White Red Pin 18 (5V) = White Orange (Power Wire).

Question 1: Can i use red wire Pin 15 (12V) instead, i already have pin 18 hooked up to 3 sensors in the engine area?

Question 2: If the answer to 1 is NO, then what is the best way to splice into it towards the 37 pin connector under the panel or towards the end of the wire and run the power back to the main cabin?

Question 3: In addition to the 3 wires coming from the VPX that stein built, do i also have to connect the above wires to the ray allen flap sensor to get it to show on my HDX screen or do you think that the 3 wires from VPX will work?

DBRV10

Q1 No, you must use 5v (WHT/RED)
Q2 Use a butt splice somewhere and run what you need.
Q3 The data is transferred from the VPX

But I am confused by your question. You say it is going to the VPX yet you are talking about the SV-EMS220 wiring. You need to use one not both.

My suggestion is use the Dynon EMS, why route info through the VPX unless you need the Dynon inputs for something else.

For flap input, if you want to use the fancy flap functions in the VPX then send flap position to the VPX (note this is 2.5v from memory).

I find a slight but annoying delay on the serial position data....YMMV

jakej

"Stein built my panel and included 3 wires for the flaps position sensor from VPX" -
Given the wires are already in place then those 3 wires go directly from the VPX to the Flap position sensor (typically the Ray Allen POS-12) & the other set/s go to the Trim motors/s - wired as per the VPX manual. I like the 'fancy' flap functions as it reminds me if I have not retracted them & prevents me from lowering the flaps above the max flap speed setting.
Btw, I'm not confused but then we're not caged up down here 🤣 😀