EMS

GMB

I love flying!
I am experiencing 'proven' over-readings on both oil temp. & oil pressure on my SkyView.  Could there be a common issue here to cause this problem, or do both sensors need to be replaced?
Thank you.

GMB

I love flying!
Thanks Jake,
For oil pressure: I replaced the Jabiru supplied sender with a Mechanical VDO test gauge & for the oil temperature: I just held an infrared laser gun next to the oil filter and oil sump.
Thus to my mind, proving my oil pressure & temp. are within limits. I just need to get the SkyView to agree!
Regards,
Gary

jakej

What is the difference between the readings ?

Maybe the test equipment is out of cal ?

DS may want to chime in here.

Jake J

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
It's possible that you have a poor ground that is contributing to the incorrect oil and temperature readings. We often see this when the main ground between the engine block and the ground bus (the big braided strap) has developed corrosion or has loosened. Suggest you clean up that ground strap to eliminate any corrosion on both ends - engine block and where it connects to the ground bus or frame.

I am experiencing 'proven' over-readings on both oil temp. & oil pressure on my SkyView.  Could there be a common issue here to cause this problem, or do both sensors need to be replaced?
Thank you.

GMB

I love flying!
Thanks for that. Will check on the 'Main Ground'. In the meantime I have ordered another 'oil pressure sender' and some 'Thermax temperature strips (B) to double check on pressure & temperature.
Regards,
Gary