Feed engine data to SkyView from EMS-D10?

ChiefPilot

With Advanced Flight's recent release of software that will allow an EMS-D10/120/FlightDek180 to feed engine data to it for display on their AF5000 displays, I'm wondering if there is any such functionality planned for SkyView?

My panel won't accommodate another 7" Skyview display for engine data but the EMS-D10 has been awesome. It'd be cool if the data it supplies could be displayed on SkyView.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
That feature is exclusive to the AF-5000 series. The EMS data being displayed is being received from the continuous streaming data from the EMS-D10's ; the AF-5000 did not "integrate" the EMS-D10 into the system.

Dynon Avionics chose to develop the SV-EMS-220 (NO dedicated screen needed - it's a module that tucks up under the panel), and you can display as little as a 20% sliver of your display to display EMS info, or none (just rely on alarms).

While we think this is a cool feature, and applaud our colleagues at AFS for implementing it, the functionality of the EMS-D10 is limited compared to the capabilities of the SV-EMS-220, and over the years that SkyView has been on the market, there are very few SkyView customers who've chosen to keep the EMS-D10 as their engine monitor when updating their panel.

With Advanced Flight's recent release of software that will allow an EMS-D10/120/FlightDek180 to feed engine data to it for display on their AF5000 displays, I'm wondering if there is any such functionality planned for SkyView?

My panel won't accommodate another 7" Skyview display for engine data but the EMS-D10 has been awesome.   It'd be cool if the data it supplies could be displayed on SkyView.

ploucandco

I am also facing the same issue as ChiefPilot: panel space!
What we are missing in the whole Skyview suite is a 4 inches screen :)

ChiefPilot

I am also facing the same issue as ChiefPilot: panel space!
What we are missing in the whole Skyview suite is a 4 inches screen :)

This would be an even better solution. A 4" display for a subset of information (in my case, engine data) would be awesome. I don't have room for another 10" or 7" display, but a 4" display would fit fine.