Fire TFRs Slow to Display and Clear

DHeal

Out here in the firey west (just north of San Francisco) we see a lot of fire-related TFRs popping up and then being cancelled a week or so later. On my SV Classic 10" (w/ ADSB 2020) it is not unusual for the published TFRs to take 30 minutes or more to be displayed on my screen. In addition, old canceled TFRs will remain actively displayed on my screen for days after the TFRs have been canceled. This is while flying in airspace that typically has excellent ADSB and radar coverage. What's up with that? Is this an FAA issue or something internal to the SV?

DHeal

Sure do wish that the GA groups and avionics industry would bring pressure to bear on the FAA to fix this potential safety issue. I know, I know, we should always call an FAA-approved briefer prior to flight for their latest cryptic description of current TFRs. However, wouldn't it be smarter and safer if the FAA's TFR data was accurately depicted on our moving map displays in a timely manner? Rant over.

jchang10

I noticed the same thing. Why would skyvector.com and Foreflight show the TFR status accurately but not skyview?