Firmware update 2.6 to 3

grusa

I have dual screen Skyview, factory installed in a CT, with firmware 2.6. I have followed the instructions to upgrade wiring and install version 3.0. Now both screens show ems and adahrs errors, setup shows adahrs and ems require firmware updates. Where do I find these?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Just curious how you got into this state - did you update the displays without the modules connected? Or were they previously working?

In any case, once you see the message you're seeing in the network status, you should also see an "update" button on the menu bar. If not, try doing a network configuration to coax the system into prompting you to update the modules.

grusa

All modules were working. I simply followed the instructions in your webpage:- installed network cable, and loaded software in order. Will let you know how I get on.

cmarbach

My guess is that you did not have everything powered up. Make sure when you do the upgrade that all ADHRS and Servos are powered up, they need to be upgraded too!

grusa

You are correct, the screens power up on battery, but the avionics master must be on to power up the rest! I followed your network config suggestion, all now working correctly - thank goodness!

Thanks for the help

cmarbach

Dynon:

You should add the caveat to power EVERYTHING up when doing the upgrade to the instructions.