First Power Up

rvg8tor

Dynon Support

Posting this here since others may have the same question.

I have the last 5 circuits to hook up then I can turn on the panel but have a couple questions, my system is:

HS34, AP74 & servos, D180, D10A, with Garmin 430W.

My wings are not on yet so the wires for the compass that hooks via the D10A are not installed, it will be mounted on the wing tip, the EDC for the D180 is in the back of the tail section. I also don't have the engine and the associated sensors hooked to anything.

So can one power up the units to test the installation without hurting anything? I read the note about the compass wires not touching, my thought is I would install the pins to EDC that will eventually go out to the wing for the test then extract the pins to pull the wire to the wing tip.

Next question, can I update the software without the various sensor wires (CHT, EGT, Oil Press etc) hooked up?

Thanks for the help

jakej

None of the sensors need to be connected however I'd temporarily connect the EDC otherwise you'll have to redo the update later.

Jake J

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
You won't hurt anything by not having the EDC or sensors connected. However, as Jake says, it's best to do an update with the EDC connected and working.