Flap and Trim calibration with VP-X

RV9APlane

I am having trouble getting my flap and elevator trim positions to show up on the widgets on the screen. I have followed all directions in the Skyview and VP-X manuals and still don't have indications. I have noted the below:

1. I have verified that Skyview and VP-X are Tx and Rx on both Skyview displays.

2. I have re-confirmed the steps in the VP-X manual Section 6.5 on page 53, including putting 1's in the positions on step 12.

3. I have verified the items on page 13-4 of the Skyview installation manual.

4. I can see VP-X info on the Engine Page of the Skyview display.

5. I tried the calibration sequence in Skyview for the flaps. When I go to the EMS Calibration menu and calibrate the flaps it seems to do it correctly but doesn't show up on the widget. There is a sensor input mapping page in the EMS that show all the sensors, etc. If I take out the flap information the widget shows up on the screen with "CFG?" at the top and "C37 P22" at the bottom and the big Red X over it all. If I re-input the sensor info all that disappears from the widget display but there are no positions indicated on the widget.

6. I tried the same calibration on the trim. With the info removed from the sensor input mapping page from C37 P4 the widget is there with the green line at the middle and two pointers on either side at the bottom. When I tried the calibration sequence it would not see any volts (unlike the flaps which did), leading me to believe I might have a wiring issue but I haven't checked that yet. I still believe I have it wired right though. I did not re-enter the info on the mapping of C37 P4 to see if that changed anything. I was way too frustrated by that point to continue and quit for the day.

Any thoughts?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
in the VP-X menu, have you set the "AILERON TRIM POSITION / ELEVATOR TRIM POSITION / FLAP POSITION" to "VP-X" instead of "SkyView EMS?"

pujol

I love flying!
The same for me
I have the flaps ok, the elevator ok but for aileron, just the view but not the position

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
So a bit stumped at this point, but few things: Though it shouldn't hurt things, you definitely don't need a pin mapping on the EMS side of things if you're using the VPX-based position. So I'd probably delete those period. After you do that, does deleting the widget and then adding it back on the page layouts change any behavior?

RV9APlane

I believe I tried that with the flaps and deleting it made the widget disappear. Adding it back just created the same situation. I did not try that with the elevator trim. I will try it again this weekend and check for sure. Thanks.