Flightplan from Voyager

KNicholas2

I love flying!
I do my flightplanning in Voyager which are saved as an .FP file. I recently installed a Dynon Skyview into my RV9 and it wants .GPX files for the map and autopilot.

Voyager (Seattle Avionics) and Dynon are in the same building in Woodinville, Wa! I want to save and export my Voyager flightplans into a GPX format for Skyview.

I talked to a some very nice people at Voyager but in the end I still can't figure out a way to export the fp's in a format that makes Skyview happy.

To ME, it seems natural that two companies that are only 30 feet apart from one another would offer some compatability. I cannot be the only pilot out there with this problem.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Kim Nicholas
Seattle

KNicholas2

I love flying!
.. after reading my post,  I realized that it may seen a bit "snotty" or critical of Dynon or Seattle Avionics.  It was not intended to be - I am just entertained by the fact that the two companies share a building but not information.   I am thoroughly pleased and impressed with the products from both companies.

Regards,

Kim Nicholas
Seattle

mmarien

Murray M.
I think the GPX format is a generally accepted universal transfer protocol with a number of programs reading writing the format. Perhaps some pressure should be put on Voyager to import/export in that format. :)

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
We agree with mmarien, but, there's hope.
-On Voyager, save / export the flight plan to Google Earth format (not sure which menu this is in, sorry - a colleague gave me the data file from voyager). This gets you which will get you a .KML file.
-Feed that data file into http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/convert_input, selecting GPX file output in the top of the gray box of options. You can leave everything else alone.
-On the output page, follow the "right click..." instructions to save the GPX file to your computer. Get that file on a USB stick.
-Plug the USB stick into SkyView. Import the GPX file under MENU > MAP > FLP > IMPORT tab.
-Activate the flight plan under the FPL menu.

Hope that helps!