Fuel Calibration Data.

Scott

The manual implies I can download and upload the fuel calibration data. How is this done? I don't see the option listed on the Dynon Windoze program.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Bad copy in the manual, unfortunately. There isn't a trivial way to download/upload fuel calibration information, though it's possible if you jump through some hoops. What are you ultimately looking to do?

Also, a full system backup will capture this information as well, but that's only reloadable on that exact unit (same serial number)

Scott

I just wanted to protect loosing the data and having to recalibrate, a laborious task.

What is recommended?

thanks,

Scott

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
To save the data, take a full backup of the unit. We'll be able to put that on any unit in the future if needed.

Bear, the question was about a G1 EMS, not a SkyView.

SkyView's fuel cals are editable and in a text file, exported with "export settings." They all share this data, so as long as at least one of your screens is still alive, replacing a screen in the plane will cause this data to copy to the new screen.

Marc_J._Zeitlin

.... There isn't a trivial way to download/upload fuel calibration information, though it's possible if you jump through some hoops.
What way IS there to upload fuel calibration information to a EMS-120, trivial or not?  I'm willing to jump through a fair # of hoops to do so...

Thanks.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
If you go into CONFIGURE PROGRAM OPTIONS in the Support Program, then check ENABLE SPECIAL OEM OPTIONS, you'll notice that when you do a settings backup, you can now check user calibrations. This can include the fuel backup (there are more menus choices that will follow to select that, if I remember correctly without having a unit readily available to test). That will add fuel calibration data to the backup, which can be restored later. However, note that the calibrations themselves aren't stored in a human-editable fashion. That is - they can be backed up and restored, but not changed.

Generically, we'd just recommend a full firmware backup instead, which accomplishes much of the same thing, but actually snapshots the entire unit's firmware at the moment of backup.