Fuel Level Alarm using GP1 as Tank #3

N952W

I am using GP1 as Tank #3 and do not want a low level alarm. I do however want low level alarms for tank #1 & #2. How do I configure my D180? It seems that all fuel tank alarms are set in one place.
fyi, I am using the GP1 for my oil tank level on my Radial Kitfox and the engine normally moves this oil to the engine. The alarm occurs during takeoff (see video).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYA5ySV9lk4
Don

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Unfortunately, there is no way to set tanks 3/4 separately from the first two.

F-PPRQ

Unfortunately, there is no way to set tanks 3/4 separately from the first two.

My Jodel have 3 tanks. All with resistive senders. Main is 110 L, 2 and 3 (left and right wings) are 40L each. What would be the best connecting choice ?
- 2 and 3 on GP buses, and only n° 1 to the specialized level connection ?
or
- main (n°1) on GP, 2 and 3 on level connection ?
Blue skies
Jean-Pierre LFRV

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Depends on your preferences:

The second option would show you your main tank on the main EMS cluster of instruments, which is what most D180 owners display most of the time. The other two would show up on the dedicated fuel page. The tradeoff here is it eats 2 GP inputs.

The second option gives you better visual symmetry on the EMS FUEL page, which can show all 3 gauges. But the main cluster of EMS gauges can only the 2 dedicated inputs, so you wouldn't see your main big tank there. On the other hand, you'd only use one GP inputs.

See http://dynonavionics.com/docs/D180_Feature_Pages.html to see what these different options look like.

F-PPRQ

Thank you.
My back-mind (not sure of my English !) question was linked to the sentence quoted in the previous post, saying " there is no way to set tanks 3/4 separately from the first two".
But your answer seem indicate there is no difference in term of calibration with the two options, only in setting alarm.
I must make a choice !
Jean-Pierre