Fuel Used question

Simn_Smith

When displaying in Litres the 'fuel used' only displays to the nearest half 'L'. I've looked everywhere but there does not seem to be an option to change this (other than to galls). Is it possible to have the fuel used displayed to the nearest 0.1L ?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
There is not an option to do this. Very few (if any) senders have enough resolution to actually measure 0.1L.

If I remember right, we might actually show 0.1L if you had a very, very small tank. Our displayed resolution is related to how big your tank is overall. We'll display 0.1G in some cases, but 0.1G is 0.378L.

Simn_Smith

I thought that the Flowscan sensors gave arond 30000 pulses per gallon. Surely 8333 pulses per Liter is sufficient to measure to 0.1L?

PhantomPholly

Hehe - the Dynon rep is distracted, preparing for Oshkosh...

I suspect s/he mistook the question as a question about fuel LEVEL (capacitance gage sender), not fuel USED (Floscan calculation based on fuel flow since engine start).

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
You are correct- I was assuming fuel level based on floats/senders, not the calculated fuel used.

That being said, there is still no way to set it to 0.1L resolution. We felt 0.5L was enough, given that even in a 4 Gallon per hour plane (about 80HP), 0.5L is only 2 minutes of fuel.