G-meter

lalnaes

When will G-meter functionality be available? I see this is listed in the "future" column in the features list. It seems to me that a G-meter shouldn't be that complex to implement.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
It isn't tied to a firm firmware release at this moment. There are a lot of features that aren't necessarily complex, but everything takes time once you consider the resources needed to take a feature from the one-line description to a fully working and tested product. We do our best to prioritize features based on our perception of customer demand. It will probably be within the next few firmware releases though.

pbennett

Add my name to your perception of demand. Anybody doing aerobatics will want it. It has to be one of those big-bang-for-small-bucks items. :D
Just make sure it displays on the PFD (not EMS) and is big enough to see at a glance.

Peter

schristo

although a g-meter is not a huge thing by itself it is one of the expected items that remains missing from the skyview system.  

the g-meter is one of those items that gets thrown in to the package of a modern PFD that is part of the compelling success of an integrated glass solution... collecting all of the extras that would otherwise require panel space, weight, and time to install or retrofit into a clean multifunctional unit.  

as i contemplate introducing aerobatic maneuvers into my flight testing plan i would very much like to have the data available...

I would like to add my name to the list of folks that wants a G-meter on the PFD.
         Thanks,
             Larry

flybuddy

[quote link and is big enough to see at a glance.Peter
[/quote]

Speaking of size--the HSI data is too small and the maroon color smear makes it difficult to read even on the 10" screen, method of adjusting would be nice.

DrewSwenson

Yes---PLEASE give us the ability to scale the HSI data--going to have to take a magnifying glass with me when I fly---whew!

lalnaes

I second that. The characters are too small to read from a normal viewing distance and the magenta color doesn't help. If scalability is not possible to offer, I would strongly urge that the font size is increased in the next release.