General purpose input Pin (for example Pin 22 ) with internal Pull UpResistance ?

RV7Builder

Hello, i´m not pretty sure if it is posible to use the above pin for a flap position sensor (variable resistor) without an additoinal 12 V sensor supply.
Is ist possible to use that Pin with an programmed pull up resistor to 12 V, and meassure the Voltage as a Flap Position Signal ?
I made a drawing to make my thoughts easier to understand.

Nice Greetings

David

Attachments

• FlapPositionSensor.jpg
    FlapPositionSensor.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 134

maartenversteeg

I love flying!
On page 7-67 of the installation manual (version AG) Dynon states that any of the pins 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 20, 21, 22, 23 and 31can be used as an input for the trim/flap position sensors, with the sensor (potensiometer) connected to +5V (aux and Gnd and the swiper of the potentiometer to the Dynon-EMS input, then calibration will ensure that the proper range (and direction) is reported.

RV7Builder

Hi, yes i know that description. My question, was if i can connect a sensor without its own (5V) Power supply for example like the resistive fuel sensor. An using a Power source for that sensor with an included Pull Up Resistor.

maartenversteeg

I love flying!
In a separate note 'SkyView Making your own sensor definition.pdf', at some point available on: 'http://wiki.dynonavionics.com/Making_your_own_sensor_definitions', it is stated that all general purpose inputs (type A) support configurable internal pull-up resistors of 10k, 1k or 200 ohm. For the enhanced general purpose inputs (type C), that also allow active output sensor inputs the above pull-ups are available in addition to a no pull up configuration option. All these options are defined in the Sensor Config File. Does this answer your question?

RV7Builder

Hi, Thank you very much!!
This is exactly what I was looking for and did not find somehow.
This helps me a lot.
Nice greetings david