Geo Referenced taxi diagrams

65xx

How about making an option for auto taxi at engine start/taxi and landing/taxi? I have seen that feature on the iFly 720, I really like it. Dan

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Dan,
Click and hold the knob labeled "MAP" and it will swap to the taxi diagram.

We didn't automate it because detecting a plane is on the ground or air has many issues, so we allow the user to switch quickly instead.

southtarnation

I love flying! Wiring, ...not so much.
I tried this and it doesnt work for me. Tried on the ground and also on downwind at several airports .

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Can you pull up an airport diagram period, by going to the airport INFO page, then the CHARTS tab?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
This does require Seattle Avionics data.

Do you get a "NO CHART" message above the knob when you press and hold, or nothing?

When you go into INFO for that airport, do you see a CHARTS tab with a airport diagram?

Finally, what SkyView software version?

c4c

I love flying!
We didn't automate it because detecting a plane is on the ground or air has many issues, so we allow the user to switch quickly instead.

It would be great if this was automated.

Just thinking out loud. The goal of any EFIS system is to reduce pilot workload. The Garmin's GPSMAP Product has this feature and handles it rather well. (It does require their SafeTaxi Add-On though which is similar to requiring Seattle Avionics Data Add-On for the SkyView).

As an aside, I've never had the GPSMAP product detect incorrectly and auto-switch when not expected.

As a practical matter. A formula or logic tree using AGL, Air/Ground Speed, and current location should be able to handle the auto-switching. Let the owner choose what speed to auto-switch -- for most, under < 25 should do the trick nicely unless they taxi rather fast.

Just my two cents .... ;)

Don

c4c

I love flying!
As an aside, I found this on another post regarding ADS-B.

>>
The following assumes you have a Dynon Avionics SV-XPNDR-261 or SV-XPNDR-262:

Check SETUP MENU > TRANSPONDER SETUP > AUTO ALT/GND

For most aircraft, it should be set to AUTOMATIC (AIR DATA)

This allows SkyView to automatically sequence the SV-XPNDR-261 or SV-XPNDR-262 to GND or ALT.

If you have a squat switch, and want to (or are required to) use it, set those options appropriately.

If set to NONE, you must change the mode of the transponder manually during the phases of flight.
>>

If I read the above correctly, the ability to detect Ground versus In-Flight mode all ready exists at some level.

Don