Good Morning Everyone!

sunfish

I love flying!
I’m so glad to see the forums back. I don’t know if the old contents are coming, I hope they are.

The existence of this forum was what persuaded me to buy Dynon products rather than competitors for two reasons:

1. The level of responsiveness and honesty Dynon demonstrated in dealing with customer issues, including both problems and suggestions.

2. The fantastic resource the forum provided in terms of user experience. I was never left wondering about my questions, there was no “someone will get back to you, ‘ or RTFM type BS i’ve had with other products.

Good to see it back!

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
The old content is all still here, and in the same legacy forum structure. Scroll down on the main forums page. The old categories didn't fit neatly into the new ones, so we created an archive section for the old stuff that is read-only. But it's all still searchable, and all of the content is there, including attachments. It's a fresh start, but not an entirely clean sheet.

jakej

Fantastic ! Great to have the Forum up & running again - a very different look & easy to work around. Even now my withdrawal symptoms are receding :).
RTFM, I'm also guilty however look at it in this context - many of us willingly volunteer our help & guidance to troubleshoot real & perceived problems. IMO it is only fair that those asking the questions should have at least read the manuals first, if they still don't understand the systems then that is ok in my book - at least they've tried.

llacy

How is the VSI indication to get over the airport at 1000 ft above different I didn't notice anything do you have to set it up or is it automatic?

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
So the VSI-based indications are the same, but now, when you're within 5 minutes of top of descent, you'll also get a glide path next to the HSI that gives you easily-trackable angular information (similar to an ILS or LPV approach). That will only show up on the final leg of a flight plan, a Direct-To an airprt, or a Direct-To a runway.