GPS interface to D100

N747PW

The Oct issue of EAA SPort Aviation has a Dynon ad, page 63, for the D100 which says it supports a GPS interface which enable "HSI like display" and wind vector information. A quick scour of the Dynon website yielded no info on this. Where can I find more? On the cusp of buying a D100 so I can move the D10A to the right hand side of the panel.

Pat

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Pat,
I don't have the magazine here, so I can't comment on what it says, but we do plan on having GPS support for wind vectors with a ftuture software update, and we also hope to be able to do HSI type displays with this information as well. This is all future functionality, enabled by a software update, and is not availible on the D10A or D100 today. We are sorry if the information you recieved led you to believe it was in the product currently.

The D10A and D100 both have the hardware required to interface with a GPS so you will not need to send the unit back to get these updates in the future.

P

Pat(Guest)

Thanks. You need someone to look at the ad and fix it as it can be construed as false advertising.

Pat

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Pat,
We'll look at the ad on Monday and see if something got left off. It should definitley say that these are planned future additions and not currently in the firmware.