Happy

Tim Fitz

So was looking to add a 7 inch screen to my 10 inch screen. Could not find a classic 7 inch so ordered a 10 inch HDX and 7 inch HDX. After a few weeks, many colorful metaphors, death of a few brain cells it works and looks great. Thanks Dynon for a great product. Actually has more features then the triple 7 I flew.
IMG_20230203_174241568_HDR.jpg

Tim Fitz

You would also like on the back of my headrest for the back seater to see I have a sticker "Stop screaming, I'm scared too"

Tim Fitz

It’s the Dynon D3. The backup internal battery can last up to 8 hours. It is hard wired to charge off the skyview. I also have backup batteries for each HDX. When I fly IFR I also mount a sportys handheld on the right with radio and ILS capabilities.

CanardMulti

Looks great! Very well thought out.

If you someday get the itch to upgrade a little more, you might look into if a Garmin G5 would fit into space now used by the D3. While the backup battery is 'only' good for 4 hours, you gain the advantage of actual (vs. GPS) pitot static information, as well as the ability to display course guidance for your choice of GPS or VHF NAV.

Ken

Tim Fitz

G5 looks great. I have a network hub and 2 backup batteries mounted behind the D3 so I would have to move those. My ultimate backup is my Butler parachute if it all goes to heck