HDX with SV-MAG-236

DBRV10

Has anyone calibrated a SV-236 on a system with HDX screens and two ADAHRS?

If so did the in air page show the 236 as being calibrated or still the 200/201's

And yes it is on the system and wired right ;)

It does not behave as per the manual photo, which was on a Skyview classic and older firmware.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Are you also talking to our support folks about this? I heard some chatter around the office...

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
It seems that the cal page shows you what the ADAHRS are up to, but the magnetometer is the thing actually being calibrated and used after the cal is done.

DBRV10

Yes that chatter is my fault :D

And the bug is possibly worse. I am posting here just for the benefit of others and once a bug fix is released this will only help not up to date users.

So today we did a new complete and correct calibration. The data for the ADAHRS was displayed but the CAL failed.

It MIGHT be the position of the SV-MAG is not good enough, or there is a bug.

DBRV10

I presume you did the hand held compass check for the mag 236 ? ;)

Jake......Jake.....Jake. You know its not my first rodeo, since 2004. 15 years and doing lots of the old school D10/100/180's and now the Skyviews ;)

Actually mate, when you get back I will explain the bug. It is a new species or a variant of an old unskilled bug. I must be just lucky.

More info to follow. For now get back to your cruise holiday :D

jakej

We like to share the ‘fun’ around, glad to do that too  ;) don’t want to be a loner here. ;D
Sorry about the question but I had to ask to be sure all bases were covered - it’s one of the characteristics of phone/online troubleshooting.

DBRV10

Yeah yeah.... ;D

Did some config file hacking today at the request of Don. Still no good.

He replicated the bug but had the luxury of racing new stock on the shelf and he fixed it. Maybe this MAG-236 is a DOA.

We will fix it, and post for future use should follow.

Now get back to your champagne, while I keep providing very complex tech support to your old clients. Solved a ripper today. :)

DBRV10

There is a small anomaly that I stumbled on and Don has replicated. If you have this, contact Dynon. There is a way to force it but you should get in contact with Tech Support. It should get solved and fixed in a future release.

Turn off reversion mode as this may be messing things up, at least until the network discovery and calibration is completed.