HSI display options on a D10A

tankdahl

I just installed a D10A and love it but I have two questions;

1) When I deselect the "track" indicator in the cluttr menu I would expect that it removes it from the HSI page as well, but this is not the case. I don't find that info relevant on the HSI page and would like to be able to take it off as it clutters the view and makes interpreting the HDG Bug/ HDG chevron relationship difficult.

2) I would like to be able to select a BRG pointer(s) without having an HSI CDI needle imposed with it so that I can emulate an RMI only at times. If I have a Nav source selected on the HS 34 I can select between both nav sources to drive either bearing pointer, without a nav source selected, neither bearing pointer works. Maybe I am missing something on how to use the unit.

Any ideas are appreciated,

Thanks

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
1) When I deselect the "track" indicator in the cluttr menu I would expect that it removes it from the HSI page as well, but this is not the case. I don't find that info relevant on the HSI page and would like to be able to take it off as it clutters the view and makes interpreting the HDG Bug/ HDG chevron relationship difficult.

The CLUTTR menu only ever affects the PFD screen. The HSI page isn't declutterable.

2) I would like to be able to select a BRG pointer(s) without having an HSI CDI needle imposed with it so that I can emulate an RMI only at times. If I have a Nav source selected on the HS 34 I can select between both nav sources to drive either bearing pointer, without a nav source selected, neither bearing pointer works. Maybe I am missing something on how to use the unit.

This is possible with the HS34 (where you can toggle the NAV and BRG sources independently of one another), but not without it.

tankdahl

I have the HS34 and I am not able to toggle any bearing source without at least one nav source selected.