Importing Flight Plans

woneill

Tell me if I'm missing something but I don't see how to save a flight plan directly into SKYVIEW.

It seems you can IMPORT plans already saved onto a memory stick in .GPX format.

How do I go about creating these plans for importing?

TIA!

BMW_X6M

RV-9A O-320 Catto Prop. Dual HDX, ADSB GTN650
I have done it using AOPA.org flight planner. If you use the link to their new beta version. Once you have the flight plan created, you can save it using .gpx format. It must be on the root of the memory stick to be seen by SkyView. This works well, but you can only have one flight plan in memory at a time I believe.

chinaone

I love flying!
You can also create the flight plan on the Skyview and export it to the memory stick. Save as many flight plans you want, one at a time, this way and the recall any one of them by importing then from the memory stick :).

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Also, see http://wiki.dynonavionics.com/Importing_Flight_Plans

iFlightPlanner

We thought you would appreciate knowing that iFlightPlanner also supports the .GPX format and has been added to the Wiki for "Importing Flight Plans".

Please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions, we're happy to help!

The iFlightPlanner Crew
PLAN. FLY. LOG.™

preid

Note that this feature is for premium members, which anyone can be for a small cost. Their other version is outstanding as well. I use iflightplanner on my Ipad as a back-up reference when flying since I can load flightplans created on the computer, seamlessly, to the ipad. I believe the next version of the premium will allow for creating flight plans right on the ipad as well.
All in all a great product for anyone who wants to create a .gpx for the Skyview and also have a backup copy on the ipad.

luigi692

Flying over wine country in Asti, Italy
It seems to me that it's a big handicap not being able to store multiple flight plans directly on Skyview. The 10 year old Garmin 296 I use as backup can hold 30 FPLs.
Dynon should do something about it.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
If you keep a USB memory stick connected, you can keep them there and save and load them in real time that way. It's on the list to improve, though.

Wal_Thompson

No really - I totally love flying!
I have not purchased any flight planning software, so at the moment I am plotting positions on Google Earth and manually entering the lat/long data into a .gpx file using a text editor. I then transfer the flightplan to the Skyview. It works, but it's really labour intensive, and prone to data input error.
Is there a better and easier way? Or do I need to buy software/membership (I'm in New Zealand, so U.S data is no good to me).

Happy landings,

Wal

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
You can make your own waypoints in SkyView. They can be imported from a CSV file if you want to make them on a a PC. Once in SkyView, just create your own flight plans in SkyView if you want.