Inital ground calibration

petep

I love flying!
Tried the initial SV servo calibration today and it fails saying it couldn't find one servo. Both the pitch and roll servo show up in the network but the calibration fails. How do I find out which servo it cant find?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
It's hard to troubleshoot from your description. Any chance you can post a screen shot or email it to support at dynonavionics dot com?

Tried the initial SV servo calibration today and it fails saying it couldn't find one servo. Both the pitch and roll servo show up in the network but the calibration fails. How do I find out which servo it cant find?

petep

I love flying!
Network shows both servos. Initial ground configurations says could not detect all servos. See attached screen pics. Both servos checked for mechanical connection.

Attachments

• IMG_0168.JPG
    IMG_0168.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 180
  • IMG_0167.JPG
    IMG_0167.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 193

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
That error indicates that the calibration could not detect movement from one of the servos.

Network shows both servos. Initial ground configurations says could not detect all servos.  See attached screen pics. Both servos checked for mechanical connection.

petep

I love flying!
Checked both servos and see physical movement of the servo arms. What would cause the servo to not detect the movement and how can I check that.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
A shear screw being broken would cause the arm to move, but not the actual servo. Check that the castle nut on top of the arm is moving as well as the arm.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
When you're next in your aircraft, give Dynon Avionics Technical Support a call at 425-402-0433 (preferably on a day other than Monday; you're more likely to get straight through to a Support staffer rather than voice mail). They can walk you through some troubleshooting where you can push buttons and relay the results back to the Support staffer.

Checked both servos and see physical movement of the servo arms. What would cause the servo to not detect the movement and how can I check that.