Installation issues

tstoneman

Just installed pitch and roll  servos, AP74, remote compass, and EFIS in a Glasair III. The EFIS and remote compass were already installed and operating for the last 3 years with no problems.

During configuration found the following:

The first config try found the efis, remote compass, ap74 and one servo. Double checked and ohms all leads to not found servo. moved inop servo to good servo connection and still no connectivity. Moved inop servo to previous connection and retried to config. Now neither servo will connect. I used the cabling from the STEC 30. Wonder if the non twisted pair cable is causing the connectivity issue with the servos. We used twisted pair between the EFIS and the AP74. Need some input.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
The twisted pair connection is there to prevent interference problems, so we can't rule it out. If you can use the support program to confirm that everything is running the latest firmware version, that could eliminate another potential issue.

tstoneman

i downloaded the latest update 5.3. and ran the update. It did not complete the 1st try. on the second cycle it was successful. Should the update see the servos also? I could not tell if the update was able to detect them.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Use the "detect firmware version" option to discover what it can see.

tstoneman

flew houston to orlando and back with altitude hold only working. Worked super. I was surprised how well it held altitude.

Prior to departure, ran detect firmware, the computer found all components and updated roll servo as needed. Ran configuration, still will not find roll servo.

any suggestions?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Does it not see it at all in DSAB status, or does it report upgrade required? If the latter, you'll need to upload the latest version of firmware with the servo connected. If it's not seeing it at all, check all of the wire connectivity, and if that fails, it might be the servo itself. If you run through the above, give support a call or email.