Installing SV32 Servos

dft46

Hi, I am installing SV32 Servos in my CZAW Sportcruiser. The elevator servo linkage arm connects through the central hole of the actuation lever but on the aileron one there is no space to fix it anywhere but the inner most hole. There is still enough movement here to fully operate the ailerons. Is this going to cause me a problem , eg with excess torque, stiff controls or any other issue?
Thanks
DFT46

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
The inner hole is there to be used. So if the inner hole works and provides full control motion, go ahead and use it. If the angular motion isn't great enough, than at some point you can run into control issues since the AP won't be able to move the stick fine enough increments, but the threshold will be different from airframe to airframe. The installation guide has some information about how much motion you want.

Note, though, that if this is an S-LSA, your manufacturer NEEDS to provide installation instructions approval, and the installation MUST be done by an A&P or light sport repairman, or your aircraft isn't airworthy. Contact them for installation assistance.

dft46

Thank you but I was worried by the phrase "the inner most holes should only be used if the installer fully understands the resulting implications" in the Dynon installation instructions.
I understand the travel issues but don't quite follow your comments about the controller not moving the stick in fine enough increments. Surely the increments will be finer on the inner most hole.

Thanks, DFT46

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Sorry, you're quite right - I stated that bit backwards. The bottom line is that it's important for the linear motion to accommodate the full range of motion of the controls, while not going over center.

pksgwfac6v

OK Dynon, I have the same (urr, similar) question on my Cozy Mark 4 for the pitch and roll install. The control surface(s) don't have much movement to them so the servo does not move through its full range of motion before the control surface hits the stops. Do I need more than 50% servo travel (outer hole) to be effective? I understand the sensitivity issue somewhat. It can be done but it will take some modifications of the existing control horns to get a full range of motion (servo) to get full range of motion (control surfaces). Please advise.

HiGeez

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
It sounds like you have the opposite problem, and would benefit from moving from the outer hole of the servo arm to the next hole down.