Is HS34 installation approved under D10A STC?

trccflyer

I'm likely to install the D10A in my Mooney under the new D10A STC. Is the HS34 required to get the vertical and horizontal guidance required when tied to a GNS430W? Can a 2nd NAV indicator also be used? THX

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Unfortunately, the EAA STC for the EFIS-D10A only covers the EFIS-D10A itself. Some of the accessories, like autopilot, connectivity to other devices via the HS34, etc are not permitted under that STC. Our Dynon Certified STC for Dynon SkyView, which includes and EFIS-D10A as a backup, does allow for connection to devices like the 430W.

DBRV10

You can have an Engineering Order (in Australia) to add these things over and above the STC. Probably a path to do similar in the USA I would imagine?

dnbnet

I love flying!
We too would like to add an HS34 to our D100 in our C172 to get HSI connectivity to/from the GNS530W. Understanding that doing so is outside the scope of the STC, is there any legitimate way to do this, such as a placard that says "not for navigation", short of engaging an FAA DER (Designated Engineering Representative) to do an (expensive!) approval?