Is there a maximum size for the User Data Log?

hoyden

Last week I made two flights of duration 5.2 and 5.7 Hobbs hours. Both Dynon Classic systems lost data at the start. The 5.2 hour flight was nonstop and lost the first 0.8 hours. The 5.7 hour flight had a stop for fuel where I left the system turn on, and lost the first 1.4 hours. The data logs were cleared before taking off. Is there a maximum allowed data log size? The system sampled data once per second.

RV8JD

From the Installation Guide, page 26-3:

"You can choose the frequency of the data that is recorded from SkyView’s various systems for your particular needs. SkyView can record data as frequently as 16 times per second or as infrequently as once every 10 seconds. Recording more frequently trades off the amount of time that the data log covers. At once every 10 seconds, SkyView’s User Data Log can store up to about 150 hours of data. At 16 times per second, the log stores about 2 hours of data. When the data log fills up, the oldest data is automatically discarded to make room for new data."

hoyden

Thanks for the reference. I installed dual Skyviews in my RV6 in 2014. I clear the log after every flight and my maximum flight time is about 6 hours, I will adjust accordingly. Looking back over old logs somewhere between 2014 and now the update rate changed from 4 per second to 8 per second.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
The in-product menu setting will also tell you the max recording available for each setting.

hoyden

I saw the max recording time yesterday for the first time. Very helpful.