Is there an option to include GPS altitude in the primary flight display?

owenssonex

Hi,
Is there a way to include the Dynon GPS-2020 GPS altitude on the HDX1100 primary flight display? I see the GPS altitude in the data logger information. It would be nice to be able to use the GPS altitude as a cross check on the indicated altitude while in flight.

XPRSAV8R

There is. Please see the yellow box on the picture below.

Screen Shot 2019-08-27 at 07.27.44.png

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Please see the picture above. Can you please let us know what information is being displayed in the yellow box if not what's labeled?
That is indeed GPS altitude, but it lives on the map page, not the pfd page. If you think of the pfd as the display in front of the pilot, even when it has map up as well, then we agree :)

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Actually, I'm wrong. XPRSAV8R has it right. On SkyView HDX, you can indeed have the info column up with just the PFD page. It's under the DISPLAY button/menu.

jakej

While we're talking about the INFO column - I've seen a picture of it shown in the middle of the HDX screen however I have not found anything in the settings that will allow that, it just shows on the right hand side. Can it actually be in the middle or was that just an idea that was ultimately decided against in the features ?

XPRSAV8R

Thank you XPRSAV8R for this tip. It is working excellent!!!!
Glad to help but thank Dynon for creating a great product. Now, it'd be an awesome product if I could change that field to approximate height above terrain. ;)

@Dynon : you guys already make this info available in the SynVis colour-coding. How about displaying the AGL integer?

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Glad to help but thank Dynon for creating a great product. Now, it'd be an awesome product if I could change that field to approximate height above terrain. ;)

@Dynon : you guys already make this info available in the SynVis colour-coding. How about displaying the AGL integer?

Yep, we agree. It's on the list.