Jabiru engine probes for Skyview

originalbadbob

I had a BMA EFIS Lite (no longer working) in my Jabiru powered Sonex along with an MGL engine monitor. I am planning on re-doing my panel with a small Skyview system. Will I be able to use the engine probes that I already have? I realize that the EGTs are K type and the CHTs are J type, but I would like to know if I can use my existing oil temp and pressure senders. I already have a flowscan 201b.

lgingell

I have a jabiru 3300 in my zodiac. Originally it had a grand rapids EIS.

I have the same EGT, CHT and flowscan as you, and the all work with the Dynon EMS D120 and SkyView EMS (that I now use).

Cheers,
..lance

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
To clarify - the GRT sensors work out of the box with our D10/D100 series products, but as of right now they aren't in the SkyView sensor definitions. I think (but am not writing this from Dynon, so I'm not certain) that we're planning on adding that sensor support to SkyView at some point, but I can't promise it right now.

The BMA oil temp and pressure sensors are unlikely to work unless they were the exact same sensors as we sell, which is pretty unlikely.

As you've both said though, EGTs and CHTs and fuel flow should work if the EGTs are type K thermocouples and the CHTs are type J thermocouples and the fuel flow is a Floscan or EI sender.