Kalvico Sensor 103757-000

Lanshark

I'm installing a new HDX system and I have the new Kalvico Fuel and Oil Sensors installed. However, when I setup the EMS pins, I don't have the 103757-000 in the list. Is there an update available for the EMS?
I'm new to Skyview and still doing my initial install so if I've missed something with setting these sensors up, I would very much welcome any education on this.

Patrick_Keating

I love flying!
I have installed the Kavlico Sensors 103757-000 for both the Fuel and Oil Pressure sensors. My fuel pressure only goes to 8-10 rather than up to 30. I have installed 'sensor_68298.sfg' and 'EMS_L4F_Kav_102813.dfg' data files. I have tried going back to the Original Fuel Pressure sensor which does work. When I go to SETUP MENU > SYSTEM SETUP > SKYVIEW NETWORK SETUP > CONFIGURE it does not recognize the new sensors.

skysailor

The sensors are not set up through the network. You need to go to the EMS section and SENSOR INPUT MAPPING. Here is where you will find each pin of the EMS 220, the sensor used and the function label shown on your display. Changing to the new 103757-000 will require you to change the sensor on the pins for your oil and/or fuel. My previous oil sensor was shown as a Kavlico 150 PSI. With the new sensor definition files loaded, the correct file will show just below this and says Kavlico V2 150 PSI if memory serves. The V2 line will show the correct 103757-000 number. Dynon Tech Support can walk you through it or send a PM and I will help. The entire process will not take five minutes to complete both sensors.

Rhino

Do you have the latest sensor definition files loaded?

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
I am unable to get Kavlico V2 150 to show up as choice in setup page?

If you JUST updated your software to 16.5.2, there's a limitation in the way the sensor definitions interact with SkyView which that we need to fix. So if you updated the sensor file or used the US update package for SkyView, email support so that they can get you the previous sensor file.