Kavlico pressure sensor connectors

RVDan

I love flying!
Does anyone know the mating connector type/ part number so that I can get some pins. I want to run my wiring direct to the connector without splicing into the short length of wire supplied on the mating connector.
This is for oil and fuel pressure on the Lycoming sensor kits.

Thanks,

Dan

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
The connector is a Packard Metri-Pack 150.

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...=sGAEpiMZZMs7eK6h2EBtKnhei0zHxyWYX/4Jveqx5UM=

You'll have to work your way down to the parts you need from there. We buy the whole pigtail as an assembly so we don't have part numbers for all the individual parts that make it up.

It appears that this is the pin for it, but no promises:

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...=sGAEpiMZZMs7eK6h2EBtKulIRoY5Pm3nlNQ9ppFoe5o=

Also, be careful because with a lot of these weather sealing connectors, you need a minimum gauge wire going into the connector for the seal to work. The wires that come on the pigtail are 16 or 18 gauge, and a 22 gauge wire probably wouldn't make the seal.

RVDan

I love flying!
Thanks, I'll dig it up from there and post the pin numbers and crimp tool once confirmed. One can acquire different seal sizes for the connectors so I'll check that also.

RVDan

I love flying!
It is interesting to note that this is NOT a standard Metri Pack 150, but per the Delphi drawing appears to be a special part to mate with certain pressure sensors. The connector does not appear in the Metri Pack catalogs, but can be found on the Delphi web site. Neither the pins or rear wire seals are made to accomodate wire smaller than 16AWG in the mil-w-22759/16 wire.

So it looks like splice to the existing 16AWG wire.
Dan

alpinestar

I bought the part numbers listed above. The seal which comes with the bare connector is different than the seal on the pigtailed connector with the sensor. I used 22awg wires and the seal is fine, and by doubling the conductor over on itself the pins will work fine also.  The big thing to remember is this:

THE PINS GO IN FROM THE FRONT, NOT THE REAR!!!!! so be sure to slide the seal on the wires, then the housing, and finally crimp the pins.

Yep, discovered this the hard way today.  Fortunately mouser has a convenient "reorder" feature. RRR!  hopefully I can save someone a bit of frustration, a few bucks, and a few days waiting for the mailman!!