Log File Questions.

rfazio1951

I keep getting multiple log files when I try to export them to the stick. Last night I exported the log file and I got 30 separate files? Part 02 through 30. Is this happening because I shut my system down by killing the main and I have no battery on the skyview? If so I'll shutdown using the power key before I kill power to the system. I cleared the log file after I exported them. So I guess I'll try it now.

Juvat

Me too! Same issue here. When I upload them to Savvy Analysis (Mike Busch's site), most of them come up as "no flight data." What gives?

rfazio1951

The ones that say no flight data probably have only one line of data in them. I noticed that if you look through the files every other one will be tiny, like 2k or so. if you open them you will see almost no data. Just delete them. If you sort by size it's easy to see all the tiny ones and delete them at once. Then your left with the valid files and half as many.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
We do have a bug in SkyView where it breaks up log files sometimes when it shouldn't. There is no data lost, just more files than you should have. We're looking into it.

It isn't because of the way you shut the system down.

You do get multiple log files on purpose if you change any of the EMS configuration in the system since that changes the headers for the columns and all we can do is break it up at that point.

Juvat

Okay, thanks for looking into this. Nope, I'm not making any EMS changes.

It will be nice when you guys kill this bug, as my log files are coming up in Savvy Analysis--sometimes, not always--with part of the flight cut off from the start or end of the flight. Savvy is dumping some of the data because it's being fed multiple files with small pieces here and there, rather than everything in one continuous log file.

Anyway, thanks for looking into it!

skydancer

RV-7 O-360 CS Prop. Dual Skyviews/AHRS. TruTrak AP
My black box log file only recorded the last 24 minutes, the flight actually last over 1.5 hours, any one has this issue?

skydancer

RV-7 O-360 CS Prop. Dual Skyviews/AHRS. TruTrak AP
The ones that say no flight data probably have only one line of data in them. I noticed that if you look through the files every other one will be tiny, like 2k or so. if you open them you will see almost no data. Just delete them. If you sort by size it's easy to see all the tiny ones and delete them at once. Then your left with the valid files and half as many.
In my case, the file which contains valid data is 9Mb, the other are 3Kb files.

60av8tor

My black box log file only recorded the last 24 minutes, the flight actually last over 1.5 hours, any one has this issue?

I believe the user data file is the one you want - black box is only a portion of the data. I believe they are the same data only difference being the reduced length of the black box file.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
The black box log file is the last ~15 minutes of flight, at a full 16Hz, no matter how you have user logging set. User logging can be set at 16Hz down to 1/10th Hz, and can get 1 hour up to about 115 hours.

NASA515

I love flying!
The data download has gone from being one of the Skyview's greatest features to being almost worthless - all in a keystroke and a firmware update.

I downloaded and analyzed every flight since I began flying my RV-12. Now a simple flight - like yesterday, got sub-divided into 7 little snippets that are of little value - almost worthless in fact.

I have 219 flights - about 210 are great - the last 9 or so, are of little use.

Dynon needs to work on this bug ASAP!

Bob Bogash
RV-12
N737G

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Bob,
Just so you know, as far as we know, this bug has always been there. It is not new in 7.0. Not that it matters if you are getting that many divisions.