Longer plate load time.

60av8tor

Anyone else notice this with the latest update?  After finally getting my charts and plates to update (heard SA just released an update that hopefully has fixed the issue) I noticed this while prepping for several approaches during a two-day CC Sat and Sun.  It isn't taking forever, probably 30 sec or so, but previously, the plates loaded immediately when selected.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
This *may* be a known bug (checking around) - it's at least something we've seen fleetingly, but I think only as SkyView is starting up / loading databases / etc. Are you only seeing this in the chart "preview" area when you have a list of charts up, or when you actually select the chart as well? Once you've gotten past that first 30 seconds, does every airport or subsequent charts selection take 30 seconds?

And please do let us know (in this thread or the other) whether the latest SA datamanager fixes your issues. We're about to get a bit more active to help get better resolution on those frustrations.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
So I may have spoke to soon - we don't think we've seen this here. A few more questions:

-Where are you plugging in the USB memory stick? If the harness that's built into the DB37 connector, does moving the stick to one of the ports on the back of the display (via an extension cable is fine) make a difference?
-I know this is a loaded question given your experiences with the SA datamanager, but does using a different memory stick make a difference?
-What do you have loaded on the stick (ie, charts/plates from where in the world?)