Lowrance GPS capture

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
If anyone out there has a Lowrance unit that they can take a capture of the serial stream from, that would be quite helpful to us.

It appears Lowrance does not output the course line as a matter of corporate policy. We're hoping there may be some other data in the stream that lets us figure it out, but we need to see a stream first. We just need an ASCII text capture done in Hyperterminal or another program.

If you can do this for us, please let us know if you need any help setting it up. Please send your captures to support at dynonavionics.com

AUSboy

Well it looks like no one has come foward offering their expertise!

Tell me how to get what you need in a step-by-step explanation, starting with "You turn on your computer". Honestly I have very little experience in this area so you will have to bear with me...... :-[

If you guys are making the effort then there is no reason why I shouldn't.

Frankh

I have an older style Lowrance 700 (I believe)...Its the large style handheld GPS.

I'm not using it...If you like I can send it to you for a long term loan or make me an offer...At best it will be a flight bag backup for me and even thats unlikely. It has the NEMA plug on the back and outputd the data so the manual says.

About to start IFR training with a GNS 430 so I am well equipped for the next few months, at least until spring..:)

Frank

tcoldenhoff

I am putting together an email for you with a capture from my Lowrance Airmap 1000. I only just recently started looking at GPS data, so I can't tell you what is really there, but I can tell you that on this unit, you can select the following NMEA phrases to be included in the serial stream:
GLL
GGA
APB
RMC and RMB
GSA and GSV

Hope the data will help. I will be very disappointed if my Lowrance won't be able to drive the new HSI features :'(

OneCharlieKilo

Lowrance 2000C data streams with gps navigating in sim mode sent via email. Hope it helps!

Chris Hand

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
We got the capture from the 1000 by tcoldenhoff, but we don't seem to be able to find yours Chris. Could you please re-send it? It will be helpful to have data from multiple units.

tcoldenhoff

Went out and flew the new firmware with the SL-30 hooked up this weekend. Very, very cool!! Worked perfectly tracking VORs and ILS. :)

[Problem description deleted - I had a wiring harness problem that prevented GPS data from getting to the D10A.]

If you need a beta tester for Lowrance issues, I am motivated to turn around test results pretty quickly.

Thanks for the hard work guys - the HSI function is definitely a winner.