Manifold pressure not working after upgrade to 5.0

JohnH

Today I upgraded to Skyview software version 5 on a dual display. I upgraded both screens and the other files (Sensor config files and Alert something or other file) as mentioned on the web site.

After completion Manifold pressure sensor with a great big fat X through the middle. Everything else works just fine, even the Nav and Obstacle data. I went through the instructions again carefully, phoned some other knowledgable people. Tried a few things, but no luck.

Short of trying another sensor, (standard sensor supplied by Dynon) I cannot say for sure it is the software update or the sensor, but very co-incidental if it failed at the same time as the software update.

I am waiting for another sensor to be sent to me so that I can verify whether or not it is the sensor or software.

CBarber

I have a similar problem with the manifold pressure, except I don't have the big red "X"....my just continues to read 24.9 regardless. Everything else seems to work and I am not sure what else to check...wires, hose, set up etc.

JohnH

Solution to MP not working after upgrade to 5.0.

New MAP sensor solved the problem. Extremely curious why this would happen because the sensor was working fine just prior to the upgrade. Have installed a sensor not supplied by Dynon now.

JohnH

IMHO the constant 24.9 MAP reading indicates that the hose has become detached at some point. If your plane is on the ground at about 4000' then this is probably the case. Otherwise if you can, try another sensor.