Mapping Details and GPS Code

EchoCharlie1

Upon firing up the SV-1000 for the first time, I noticed that there was a lot of detail and airports were depicted (Dynon GPS and Garmin 496 are integrated and operating). I upgraded to 3.1, then 3.1.1 and those details disappeared. Now, when I look to get GPS details, I find the need for a code to start the 30-day trial period. Is this code required for normal detail and if so, from where do I obtain this info?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
You're in trial mode right now (unless you've flown 30 hours, which it sounds like you haven't). The code unlocks the full licensed version that will work beyond the 30 hour trial.

It sounds like you may need to simply load the latest aviation and obstacles databases from http://www.dynonavionics.com/docs/support_software_SkyView.html. If you upgrade firmware but don't update the databases, the data will seemingly disappear (per the red text in the above link).

EchoCharlie1

The aircraft is still not flyable...but expect to fire up the whole system this afternoon, with much anticipation on everything coming up. Expect to take to the air in a week, two at the very most.

I will upload the file recommended and see if any detail returns.

Thanks.

R/
Frank