Master Caution / Warning pushbuttons

Patrick J Wenzel

Our SV is currently setup with rigid Orange "ALT" and Red "Warning Message" panel mounted annunciator lights.

I wonder if the SV-HARNESS-D37 contact inputs on pins 14 & 15 (Install Guide, Appendix C, Section 23-8) can be connected to the pushbutton portion of selectable light switches and programmed to acknowledge cautions and warnings.

For example a panel mounted caution or warning pushbutton light flashes in conjunction with the SV caution or warning, and once depressed (acknowledged) the caution or warning pushbuttom light remains solid until the fault or condition is resolved, at which point the caution or warning light goes out.

I guess I'm trying to make an airliner out of an RV, but is this possible? Has this been done before?

Pat.

jakej

Pat, the MESSAGE button on the bottom RHS of the screen already 'acknowledges' the warning'. ALT light is for the Alternator, previous owner wanted to keep it that way.;)

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
There isn't currently a way to ACK externally. Currently, the contact inputs on the D37 that are in use have fixed designations.

Patrick J Wenzel

Thanks Jake / Dynon staff.

Sorry Jake, I got you message but have been indisposed this week.

Dynon, coming from the airline world I find it instinctual to press and Master Caution or Master Warning button when a fault arises.

Is there any chance you could see it worth incorporating this in future?