Microair M760 and SkyView

N750NM

My Microair M760 radio manual says that I can connect it to and control it from an EFIS with an RS232 interface. The M760 supports the basic SL30 commands for transceiver control.
Does this mean that if I connect the M760 to the SkyView through a pair of Tx/Rx lines I can control the radio (e.g. change frequencies) from my SkyView?
Or would extra software in the SkyView be required, and if so, are there any plans for such a feature in future updates?
Thanks!

sandaville

Frequency control of radios is not currently supported in Skyview. Dynon have been working on their own COM radio so I guess if anything gets integrated then it will be the Dynon module if they choose to continue with it. Failing that the SL30 is already supported as a NAV source over the RS232 link so its protocol would be favourite for a future frequency control upgrade.

N750NM

Thanks for the prompt reply, RV10du! That's kind of what I expected. 'Would be neat to have that frequency control, but I certainly don't want to distract the Dynon folks from the VP-X integration :)

rmcscar12

I'm with you on that N750NM!!! I have the MicroAir M760 and VP-X both going into my RV-8 with dual 10 inch Skyviews.....I'll live with handling the M760 'the old way' if it speeds the VP-X integration along!!! I'm sure I'll upgrade to Dynon's Com module when it comes out and leave the MicroAir and a good old standby #2 Com!!