Missing text in Pilot's Guide

swatson999

Latest revision, p. 4-17, HSI Source...the text reads:

"HSI Source
There are two primary types of sources, GPS and NAV radio. Anytime a GPS is being used as an HSI source, all of the HSI data is colored magenta. When a radio is being used as the source, its data is in green. To the right of the DG, a textual info item describes the data source of the HSI. It can be any of GPS, NAV (VOR), BC (back course) or LOC (localizer). Additionally, each GPS or radio source is also numbered to prevent confusion in systems that have multiple devices. To cycle through the available sources, press NAVSRC in the PFD Menu. Note that some radios, such as the SL30 and GNS400/500 series, provide information about standby frequencies. This information can"

Seems that the text following "This information can" has been lost. What can the information do? :)

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Thanks for the catch there.

I'm not sure how that sentence was supposed to end, but basically, pressing the BRG 1 and BRG 2 buttons will cycle through the possible bearing sources.

swatson999

This is something about the standby frequencies, though...not sure (not at home) but since the 430W has a standby frequency, is there something that the SV can do with that (haven't seen it show up anywhere on the SV screen yet...did I miss a setting somewhere?).

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Sorry, my last post was incomplete. Some devices will keep an eye on the bearing to both the active and standby frequencies (assuming a valid VOR), and pressing the BRG 1/2 buttons will cycle through them. Both the 430/GTN and SL30 have this capability, I believe.

swatson999

Sorry, my last post was incomplete. Some devices will keep an eye on the bearing to both the active and standby frequencies (assuming a valid VOR), and pressing the BRG 1/2 buttons will cycle through them. Both the 430/GTN and SL30 have this capability, I believe.

Hmmm...if anyone knew how to do this, I'd appreciate it if they'd post the info. I have a 430W and don't see it doing this, only showing the active frequency for the VOR.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Sorry for the mistake. Only the SL-30 does this. The 430 only gives us data on the active VOR.

skysailor

I think the Garmin 480 outputs the standby VHF and VOR as well. Will have to look it up to verify.