Mounting screws

Ron_B

Anybody else had problems screwing the mounting screw (supplied) into nutplates? The heads of the supplied srews strip. We are using an allen wrench so that might be the problem? Standard #6-32 srews are no problem. I'll have to find some more black screws.
Ron

schristo

the supplied black screws are likely brass and are not as strong as steel screws... it is best to run a regular screw through the nutplate a couple of times before running a brass one through.  you can get replacement black screws from acs with a phillips head.

Ron_B

I don't think they are brass. We did run a standars screw thru , didn't seem to help. It wasn't the thread that stripped, it was the head.

bruceh

Is there an AN or MS part number for these black oxide button head allen screws? I have ones supplied by Dynon for the Skyview display and intercom unit, but didn't get any for the COM radio. I also have some other instruments that I could use the same type screws on just to make the panel look cleaner.

Where can I purchase some of these type of screws?

paul330

MS35214-31 for the 1" Phillips head. I ran a #6 tap through the nutplate first - made it a lot easier.

65xx

I replaced the supplied screws with black 6-32 x 1/2" Allen head screws obtained from the aviation isle of True Hardware. 25 cents each. Dan