MP Fluctuation

cknauf

Finally flying and finding it difficult to determine the average of rapid MP fluctuations up to 2" in magnitude. Engine to battery neg reads 0.6 Ohm so I'm ruling out a bad ground.

PhantomPholly

This is a standard problem. The issue is the pulsing of the intake. Since the only thing you care about is average MP, all you need to do is put a restriction between the source and the sensor.

Some people have simply installed a cigarette filter in the tube - but this is not recommended, because some have found later that the filter is no longer there (the fibers got sucked through the engine). Best answer is a diaphragm with a pinhole in it inserted at one of the line couplings.

Daffy

I have done just that, works a treat, A small thin soft aluminium disc inserted into the hose end and clamped down forms a cone, then a small drill hole, Voila!!!

Roger_Lee

Many of us just use a Bing Idle jet. It has a small hole in the center, it is a perfect fit in the hose line and makes the MAP steady as a rock. Mines been that way for 3.5 years. I did put a wire tie around the hose on top of the jet. Nothing can go down the line and its ready made.