Nav source lost

JR

I have an single roll sv32 in Jabiru, when it works it works well
Seems it cant achieve reliable comms with GPS, and the NAV option flicks on and off, but when I can get the AP to "grab" this source it doesnt loose it for a while, even hours. but cancel the AP and it may be 15 minutes before it will find GPS and reengage. Wont even allow TRK source.
HSI has always worked well with solid comms, changed output and speeds from 296 with no difference (D180 clearly on Auto) HSI picks up and runs whichever speed.

Whats going on?
JR

JR

Following this up with customer support, but replies have stopped

I have just roll servo installed, speed limits are preset in D180 (not sure how) and I can access them to change them
They are set at cruise speeds so difficult to engage AP reliably, once engaged it works well
How can I alter speed settings without having Pitch servo?
JR

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
The NAV source lost was a known issue with 5.1 software. 5.2 is being released this week and fixes this.

The speed limits for the roll servo engagement are set by your airspeed colors. If they are off, you need to set VS1 and VNE. Your minimum airspeed will be VS1 * 1.3 and your max will be VNE * 0.95. Even if the colors seem set right, try adjusting each one down by 1, exit, then back up by 1, which will reset the speeds.

JR

Seems Vs1 and Vfe were set the same, D180 was doing what it is supposed to
Thanks for the help
JR