New bug for software version 14

JTD

Today's flight was in turbulence which caused the g meter to anunciate "G" . After the event it kept anunciating it over and over like a broken record. Even in smooth air.  Would not stop till I re booted system

swatson999

Interesting new bug...just out of curiousity, did you put the G-meter on the PFD and try resetting the measured min/max values (i.e., the exceedances, not the alert points...I'm sure you know what I mean :) )?

JTD

I was just cleared into a busy class B environment. Didn't have time to trouble shoot

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
What version of software are you on Tim? We might want to take a look at a diagnostic file from you.

lolachampcar

Interesting.
I get the "G" annunciation a few times each acro flight (and I fly four times a week) but it never "sticks".

Tigermoth

I love flying!
What is happening as far as a stable version of SV 14? When is this likely to be available?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
We updated our Technical Service Bulletin - SkyView Software 14.0 yesterday:

Update: March 18, 2016

A series of test versions of version 14.0 were released for SkyView pilots willing to assist Dynon Avionics to identify this issue by installing test software, flying the test software, and providing feedback and diagnostic logs. From the feedback and diagnostic logs, Dynon Avionics was able to reproduce and resolve the issue.

A secondary issue with version 14.0 was also identified - “brief interruptions in communications” with SkyView devices, such as AP going offline, COM radio going offline briefly, and PFD displayed a Red X briefly. From the feedback and diagnostic logs submitted for this issue, Dynon Avionics was also able to reproduce and resolve the issue.

Both issues were resolved in version 14.0.7.3621, which was released March 10, 2016. All pilots providing feedback for both issues were advised to install that version, and there have no further reports of either issue.

The fixes in version 14.0.7.3621 will be incorporated with other fixes and updates into version 14.1.0.xxxx, which is expected to be released within two weeks.

What is happening as far as a stable version of SV 14? When is this likely to be available?