New Display update...

Yakboy

Hi Guys...
So PLEASE :) :) :) :) :)
Will you post an image of the new update sometime soon... Like you promised two weeks ago at Sun N Fun???? :-/

If you can spare the time... (Maybe 30 seconds for the screen grab, and another 2 minutes to post it???????) :)

It's there just in a nother subject, see

http://dynonavionics.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1177624749

And it is even more then what you see there (eg. for D10A windvector directly on main page) no longer land with tailwind ::)

PilotKris

The new screen is a white box with a red "X"?...

Seriously, the picture doesn't display. Could you post it again here?

Thanx

lucaberta

Seriously, the picture doesn't display. Could you post it again here?
check your computer, the pic displays fine on mine, here it is again:

efishsiwithgscdipj7.png

Ciao, Luca

glenn654

Is it possible to keep the original colors of med. blue for sky and green for ground and get the new firmware update for my D-180? I like the "old" colors much better.

Glenn654

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
The colors haven't changed, it's just an artifact of the process of converting it from the EFIS to a JPG file.

khorton

Today is the day! Unless you guys work on Saturdays! Patiently waiting..........
Quick, cheap, or good - pick any two you want.

Seriously - it is not unusual for bugs to be found, and for it to take some time to get them properly resolved. We should relax and allow Dynon the time to get things working the way they should, rather than expect them to release software on schedule, but with unresolved known bugs.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
We are very close, but it looks like we might miss our release target by a day or two. We need to run the code through our calibration chamber this weekend as a final verification process. Hopefully we'll have it up on Monday. We have lots of beta hours on this software and it will be a great, stable release with a ton of new stuff. The changelog is pages long!

echo_sierra

Great news!!!... Do you have a mailing list that we can join to get informed of the future release?
Regards

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
A beta customer may have found a bug over the weekend. We'll need to check it out today. I suggest you go fly and leave the staring at the computer screens to us. We're the experts ;)

Oh, and no, we don't have a mailing list for updates, but with this release we'll create a thread in the message board for software updates that you can subscribe to, so that when we update it, you'll get a message.

Brantel

A beta customer may have found a bug over the weekend. We'll need to check it out today. I suggest you go fly and leave the staring at the computer screens to us. We're the experts ;)

Oh, and no, we don't have a mailing list for updates, but with this release we'll create a thread in the message board for software updates that you can subscribe to, so that when we update it, you'll get a message.

Man you guys need more beta testers or something....  I feel the pain for the guys waiting on this release and I don't even have a unit yet.

New (Spring) firmware announced that was to be released by late June (Summer), better hurry or it will end up a (Fall) or worse (Winter) download.  ;D ;D ;D

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Well, confirmed that we have a bug that needs to be fixed before release. It will be a few more days a the minimum since we need to get everything flown again.

Sorry guys. I guess that's what I get for being overconfident. Of course, the tradeoff is software that you can really trust.

coryadams

Oh yell ya! The reason I went with a second Dynon D10 rather than say something from Blue Mountain was that I read the posts on BM's forums and have talked to people about the lack of stability of their units.

I would much rather be flying behind stable gear then feature stuffed (un-needed) Windozzz like software.

Cory

josok

Sure, stable is first prioirty.
But maybe smaller steps? It would make a lot of folks like me a lot happier.
Apart from better screens ect, problems i have now:
No coolant temp because the rotax sensor works as cht (aux input) but is not an option on coolant temp
No fuel pressure, the UMA diff sender is not recognised
Problems with the internal battery, keeps draining main empty over always on, never seems to charge to a usefull level
Fuel flow sensor power comes on while unit is turned off for no apperant reason (on always on or internal?)
Those are bugs, that are know for quite some time, and i would like then adressed asap.

Regards,

Jos Okhuijsen