New Dynon HDX installation in Mooney M20J - completed

dominikos

I thought I would share pictures of another installation of certified Dynon HDX with a blank AP control panel. I just picked up my mooney from Saint Aviation with a brand new panel. @jessesaint and his crew did awesome job pulling out old equipment and cutting a beautiful new panel with 10” Dynon HDX with engine monitor, ADSB In/Out, new audio panel (PMA 450B) and new to me 2nd GNS 430W. For the time being, I kept Century IIB autopilot, placed where 2nd screen will go when Mooney autopilot becomes available. The plane is pre-wired for 2nd screen and autopilot.

before
1647089996697.jpeg
1647090010402.jpeg

after

729D7196-E5C6-4D05-B9C6-5E3B3882EDF5.jpeg

I love the setup, heading to the airport shortly to learn more about it. I cannot wait when (not if) Dynon autopilot is certified for Mooney.

Thanks, Dominik

Last edited:

b2002

I thought I would share pictures of another installation of certified Dynon HDX with a blank AP control panel. I just picked up my mooney from Saint Aviation with a brand new panel. @jessesaint and his crew did awesome job pulling out old equipment and cutting a beautiful new panel with 10” Dynon HDX with engine monitor, ADSB In/Out, new audio panel (PMA 450B) and new to me 2nd GNS 430W. For the time being, I kept Century IIB autopilot, placed where 2nd screen will go when Mooney autopilot becomes available. The plane is pre-wired for 2nd screen and autopilot.

before
View attachment 4949 View attachment 4950

after

View attachment 4951

I love the setup, heading to the airport shortly to learn more about it. I cannot wait when (not if) Dynon autopilot is certified for Mooney.

Thanks, Dominik
That is a smart way to hold out for the Dynon autopilot, very impressive setup. Congratulations.

fgar

very nice! As it is, would that make it IFR certified?

Last edited:

packetpusher

Welcome to the blank panel club! Waiting on the AP for my 182 myself.
That is a really nice installation. I really like how they tucked the D10A out of the way where you can use it if needed, but it's in totally out of the way of the HDX.

TNIndy

Nice setup Dominik. I'm working on a similar upgrade to my M20F. Also pre-wring for the Dynon AP. I hope we see it in 2022