New EGTs display but don't log

Eric_Greenwell

I love soaring! Flying is good, too.
My Skyview system had EGT 1 & 2 when I got it (Rotax 912); recently, I added EGT 3 & 4. The new EGT values display properly on the EGT widget next to EGT 1 & 2, but they are not recorded in the USER_LOG_DATA file. What is going on, and how do I fix it?

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Hmm, not sure on this one. Try clearing your data logs to reset what is being written.

Are those EGTs actually showing on the screen correctly (that would indicate they're configured correctly).

Eric_Greenwell

Yes, the EGT (original 1 & 2, plus new 3 & 4) are showing correctly on the screen. I just cleared the datalogs, but won't be able to fly it for a week or so.

The Rotax 912 is normally equipped with only EGT 1 & 2. I notice the 912 setup files list only EGT 1 & 2 - does the setup file have to be changed so it looks for more than two EGTs?

Eric_Greenwell

More info: I noticed there were User_Log_Data files with Part_03, 04, 05, etc suffixes, like this:

2019-04-27-N42EJ-SN4160-15.2.0.4389-USER_LOG_DATA-PART_07.csv

These files DO include the new EGT 3 & 4 readings, so maybe deleting the user logs from Skyview will work.

Now I'm curious: what are the ...PART_XY files used for? How are they different than a plain ...USER_LOG_DATA.csv file? I have them in user log collections I've downloaded from previous years, but never submitted them to Savvy Analysis, or even looked at them.

mmarien

Murray M.
Eric. Every time you change a setting or install new updates, the logs add the -PART_XX. If you add a gauge in the settings then the columns are changed in the log files so a log reader would be messed up with a change in the middle of a log file.

Eric_Greenwell

Good news - that means my log files will be correct from now; in fact, the latest one (with the 07 suffix) was already correct.