New Gen System wiring

eddeeflyboy

I am at the point of wiring up my RV-6A panel. Any chance the wiring harnesses/trays/etc. are ready for delivery?

PhantomPholly

At a minimum you should be able to get the engine sensor kit and an EMS harness from Stein. They have promised that that plug will be pin-compatible with the D-180, and it will take at least SOME of your time to get all that plumbed in.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
We won't have the harnesses until the product is actually shipping.

There is no tray for the new systems, they bolt right to your panel. We hope to have mechanical drawings shortly.

eddeeflyboy

Am I correct in my understanding that the current roll and pitch servo kits, EMS kits, fuel flow and capacitance interface modules will all be compatiblewith the new gen system wiring, etc?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
That's correct. The AOA pitot will be too, as will our current OAT probes.

kwieringo

Along these lines, will the new generation EMS have the same or the same functionality items as the current D180 split screen ems has? Like the flap and trim and timer and AOA indication?
Thanks,
Ken
-====-

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Screen layouts will change a bit, but yes, there will be split screens, and everything supported today will basically carry forward to the next generation, including flap/trim/aoa support.

kwieringo

OK thanks for that answer, I read somewhere that Dynon will provide a GPS module for the new generation EFIS that does not have to be panel mounted. Assuming this is true, then If I mount on the panel a Garmin gns530W for the main GPS, then your module would become the number 2 or alternate GPS. correct? Also you mentioned one time that the HSI indicator may not be in the software version for the original release. Assuming this is still the case, do you have an estimation of the period during 2009 will it become available?
Thanks,
Ken
-====-