No traffic display on screen

andrea666

I love flying!
I have since a bought my airplane a traffic Display the trx 2000 installed. In the beginning the traffic Displaed on both Systems the pfd and on the mfd. But now i have no traffic Information anymore on the dynons. the trx 2000 works perfectly and Shows the traffic on his own small Display. On the set up Menue from the skyview it ist set to "Show traffic". I have the newest Software installed. Even with the old Software Versions i dit not showed the traffic on the pfd or on the mfd in Chart mode. Could you give me any advices? Thanks Andre :( :(

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
The TRX 2000 can be set to output either TIS or FLARM format. Do you know which yours is set to? If you have SkyView's serial port set to TRX, it's looking for the TIS format output.

andrea666

I love flying!
What I have to do now? I did not Change anything. As far I know my trx 2000 is able to give both Information. Could you give me any exact instruction the easy way? Thanks Andre

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
So re-reading your original question, have you ever seen traffic on SkyView from your TRX-2000? You say "In the beginning the traffic Displaed on both Systems the pfd and on the mfd", but then you also say "Even with the old Software Versions i dit not showed the traffic on the pfd or on the mfd in Chart mode". Can you clarify whether or not you've ever seen traffic on SkyView?

There are a few things that need to be configured on both devices for traffic:
- Your TRX-2000 should be set to output TIS data.
- The serial output from the TRX-2000 needs to be going to BOTH displays in parallel
- The serial port that is connected to the TRK-200 needs to be configured correctly under SETUP MENU > SYSTEM SETUP > SERIAL PORT SETUP > SERIAL PORT X > SERIAL IN DEVICE needs to be set to TRX-1500

One of our dealers that is very familiar with the TRX setup is actually in your area. You might get in touch with Finesse Max just over the border in France.

andrea666

I love flying!
Yes my almost new aircraft was displaying traffic. But with further Software updates I realised that the traffic Display did not worked anymore. I can not tell anymore since when exactly. As you mentioned in the end I will try to check the conficuration of the sky view under Setup..System Setup..serial Setup...Serial port x...seriel in device to trx 1500. Why to 1500 since my device is calles trx 2000?!?

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
We added support before the TRX-2000 existed, but they likely (based on the fact that it USED to work) speak the same language. Have you updated the TRX-2000 at all? Is there a chance they changed their output format?

klindell

Hi,
If you have not yet found the reason, please do check that you have the MAPPING licence installed. Traffic requires this. Just learned the lesson...

klindell

Sorry, I was a bit wrong...
Traffic is seen on the display without MAPPING license. Tested today.
I did not at first have the traffic visible as running a bit old 7.0 firmware, but after upgrade to 11.1 traffic was visible.
In the earlier 7.0 version only traffic alarm (TRAFFIC, TRAFFIC- audio + yellow text were active).